Grade 5 & 6 Athletics
Strathcona County Boys and Girls Club is currently running a Play Like the Pros basketball program for grades 5 and 6 on Fridays from 3:30-5:30 at St. Theresa. The program is full for this season but we will send home information regarding any new programs that they may be able to offer us in the New Year.
Curling - the curling team is open to all grades and runs from December to February every Tuesday after school. The team participates in the division Bonspeil to end the program.
Grade 7 & 8 Athletics
St Theresa Catholic School belongs to the Elk Island Catholic School Sport Council. We participate in all of the Council coordinated activities.
- Cross Country Running – September to October
- Gr. 7/8 Volleyball (Boys and Girls) – September to November
You can follow the volleyball results at http://www.eteamz.com/
- Gr. 7/8 Basketball (Boys and Girls) – December to March
- The St. Theresa Hawks also host the Hawks Winter Warm Up Basketball Tournament each year at the beginning of December
You can follow the basketball results at eteamz.com/eics
- Curling - the curling team is open to all grades and runs from December to February every Tuesday after school. The team participates in the division Bonspeil to end the program.
- Gr. 7/8 Badminton - April
- Badminton season runs during the spring and is open to junior high students. The team consists of singles, doubles, and mixed doubles players. The team participates in the EICS district wide tournament that takes place at the end of the season.
Track and Field Information
St. Theresa School holds tryouts for our Track and Field Team at the beginning of May. The team participates in the Knights of Columbus Track Meet held at the end of May, and athletes who place in their events also participate in a Zone Track and Field Event.
Annual Ken Szopa Healthy Living Triathlon
Each year our grade 8 Sport Leadership class organizes the Ken Szopa Healthy Living Triathlon early in June. Athletes from our Grade 7 and 8 Sport Performance Option and Sport for Life program participate in the triathlon and all of our students are invited and encouraged to be outside and cheer on the athletes as they reach the finish line. Student Council was able to also provide a hot dog lunch for all of our students last year in conjunction with the triathlon to create a fantastic community spirit event for our whole school.