5 to 8
Welcome to St. Theresa Catholic School. The office is open weekdays from 8:30am-4:00pm. To register your child with EICS, please visit www.eics.ab.ca and complete an online registration form to initiate the process with your school.
At St. Theresa Catholic School, we Engage Minds, Embrace Faith & Empower Community by:
- Being responsive to the developmental needs of middle-school students
- Providing a dynamic, innovative and faith-infused learning environment
- Inspiring students to explore a wide-range of complementary courses
- Encouraging student voice and choice
- Providing opportunities to be involved in the local and larger community
- Developing independent, involved and empathetic citizens who understand the importance of faith in their lives.
A Message from the Principal- Mr. Lorne Monaghan
I truly believe that our students should be at the heart of everything we do at St. Theresa. They spend 7 hours a day at the school, which is sometimes more than they spend at home. Kids want to be cared about. They want solid relationships with the adults in their lives. They want appropriate boundaries, and they want an opportunity to express who they are. These are the basic principles that we strive to embody as a staff.
We have also built St. Theresa on the basis of sound middle school research, which keeps students at the heart of our planning and decision making. We have built a dynamic, academically challenging environment that allows students to explore, experience and discover many facets of academic courses, fine arts, technology, sports, CTF and leadership. It thrills me to see students engaged in learning and exploring new interests and talents. This is what I believe middle level education is truly about!
• That Jesus Christ and his teachings are the foundation and core of our Catholic School Division.
• That a quality education is a continuing process that develops the whole person in an environment which encourages success.
• That we live out the Catholic faith through our words, our actions and our interactions.
• That Catholic education is a shared responsibility between the home, the school, the parish and the community.
• That education is a lifelong journey during which excellence is actively pursued.
• That everyone has worth and dignity as a unique creation of God.
Programs and Services
English and Ukrainian Bilingual Language
Sports for Life program, Performing Arts program, many CTS/CTF programs such as Foods, Construction, Art, Design Studies, Outdoor Education, Leadership, Fashion Studies, Leadership, etc.
NOTE: Sport for Life and Performing Arts programs have been cancelled for the 2020-2021 school year, as have some of our other options, due to the restrictions and health requirements with Covid-19